How to Properly Provide VMware Feedback on Their Technical Documentation
The following will create a ticket within VMware's production ticketing system with the information you provide to update their documentation.
- Browse to the VMware documentation page where the issue is.
- Login by clicking the LOGIN link in the upper right. Use your MY VMWARE account and password which you should have created which links to your vmware.com email.NOTE: You may need to create a My VMware account and link it to your work email first. Browse to my.vmware.com and follow the on-screen prompts to do this before continuing if you do not already have a my.vmware.com account.
- Once logged in correctly, you will be taken back to the original documentation page where the issue exists and you will temporarily see a green bar at the top, showing you are logged in.
- Click the FEEDBACK link at the top of the page. This will bring up a popup.
- Click NO to the "Was this article helpful?" question.
- Paste or type in your comment and additional suggested corrections.
- On the "…follow-up conversation…" question, select YES or NO as desired.NOTE: It is always more helpful if Document Writers can understand the context better to help clarify any future issues readers may have.
- Check the "I’m not a robot" box.
- Click SUBMIT.
This will create an internal ticket within VMware which will be used to notify individuals of documentation suggestions and changes needed.